Observations from the saddle
1) Where did those muscles come from?
2) On a clear day, everyone comes out to play.
3) No back bumper = an interesting mud splatter pattern.
4) Where did those muscles come from?
5) The wind always blows in direct proportion to how tired I am.
6) Runners take exception when you pass them saying "it's easier with wheels".
7) One should not assume after a winter off the usual path is the "usual" effort
8) There is a turn signal at one intersection and the oncoming cars do not take kindly to my ignoring it.
9) Yoga has improved my balance. I didn't fall over once.
10) Gurney. I see a gurney in my future. And a crane. To get me out of bed onto the gurney. And a lot of "ouch" and "oooh" and feeling sorry for myself.
And then I realize, it is March 15! March 15! And I rode in shirt sleeves and shorts. In South Dakota. And 1 - 10 are replaced with a feeling of awe and thankfulness...and who cares if it hurts? It was good! And you are loved!