Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The list

One of the things about retirement?  The time.  In this case, it would be the time available to do the things that need to be done.  It is an extreme benefit.  Instead of fitting things in as they might fit, one can take the time to do things in a timely manner.  Of course, that makes the assumption that one is extremely organized and willing to give up his time.  One of us isn't.  That means, while procrastination does indeed begin with pro, and I am the world's best pro at crastinating, sometimes one is left with a list that needs doing in one day.  Today was such a day.  And, since I have time to write, you might assume that I did indeed finish my list.  Foolish assumption.  I simply moved some items from today's list to tomorrow.  Smart, huh?  Of course, that does mean that tomorrow looks a little bleak, but as William S. would say, "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day..."  Of course, later on in the soliloquy he hits the nail on the head!  "It is a tale told by an idiot."  That would be I.  But I will be a rested one when tomorrow arrives.  Lists?  I scoff.  And will regret my actions tomorrow.  Until then, however, life is good and you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment