- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. blueberry flavoring
- 3 tablespoons cold vodka
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the crust...combine first six ingredients in food processor. Pulse until evenly blended. Pour into a large glass bowl. Add vodka and stir until dough sticks together. Form into a ball and roll out on a floured surface. Transfer dough to pie plate, trim as needed, and folding crust under top edge, crimp. Set in freezer while preparing the filling.
For the filling...Combine first 6 ingredients. Gently add blueberries (if using frozen, I would thaw them first) and stir until well mixed. Remove pie dough from freezer. Pour filling into dough and place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Pie will be partially set. While baking, prepare the crumble.
For the topping... Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans. After 25 minutes, remove pie from oven. Sprinkle crumb topping over pie and return to oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
It's entirely possible I have posted this before, but dag nab it, it are good!!!!!!! (And I am old and can barely remember what was for breakfast--other than I know it wasn't pie...today!)