Monday, February 24, 2014

Blanche had it wrong...

With the realization that I could well lose what friends I have, today is all about Tennessee Williams character Blanche DuBoise, who maintained she relied on "the kindness of strangers".  What, you may ask, does that have to do with the posted picture above?  The answer is this...
In this, the longest winter of recollection, we are relying on the kindness of FRIENDS.  As I sit on the screened lanai overlooking the golf course and a beautiful little pond, the only white I see is...

two beautiful egrets walking past, as if they had every right to be here.  The sky is a gorgeous azure blue with white wispy cirrus clouds.  The water is rippling with a pleasant breeze.  The turkey vultures are circling overhead.  I am sweating from an amazing run on dry pavement through the community center, around the tennis courts and just off the nature preserve! In short, comparatively speaking, heaven on earth.  Psychologically speaking, the healing has begun.  There is no way to thank miss Ludie for hosting us.  And I can honestly say, I wish you were here.  You, however, WOULD have to rely on the kindness of strangers, cuz we have this place!!  Know how much you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment