Tuesday, February 25, 2014

There's something about a bridge


We headed out this morning intent on doing some shelling.  From Fort Myers to Sanibel and Captiva, the route includes the bridge above.  (Go figure.  We're going from the mainland to islands.  A bridge is a handy way to do that!) As we are crossing the bridge, I realize I have always had a fascination with these structures. Whether it is a walking bridge, suspended over a chasm or a highway bridge suspended over water (or in South Dakota, a culvert or a train track), the allure of what is on the other side always pulls me.  Someone, at some time, must have thought there was something worthwhile waiting on the other side, else why go to all the trouble?  Here's the thing.  The same bridge that takes you to the promise of great things to come also takes you home again!  Indeed...something good on the other side!  Life's like that.  New and exciting add adventure and learning.  Comfortable and well known add stability and security.  I like both, so I will continue to cross my bridges...both ways!  May the spans in your life provide you with knowledge and safety, and know that on both sides, you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. So profound. I thought I liked bridges because of the lines I see in the structures and supports, straight and curved. My blog shows I also like bridges...almost as much as cemeteries...

    ReplyDelete