Tuesday, February 18, 2014

truth in advertising

It started out on a positive note.  My sister-in-law gave me a new pair of bright red sweat pants for Valentine's Day.  Perfect for the "look at me" type of runner I am.  If I have to suffer, I want the world to know that I'm doing it, and bright red kind of lends itself to that motif.  Anyhoo, when I get new clothes that are utile, I like to spread the joy around, so yesterday, I wore my new pants to bridge.  To give you an idea of my usual bridge attire, no one commented.  Went to Jenkins to visit Eddy, our aunt.  No one commented.  Okay, I can live with that.  Woke up this morning knowing that a run was in my immediate future, so on go the red sweats.  As I was leaving the front porch to make breakfast, Cath called it to my attention that I had neglected a tag.  There, on my derriere, was a paste-on tag with the word LARGE in big bold print.  Seems as how I hadn't found all the clever tags put on at the factory.  Now, I would have been embarrassed by this, but in actuality, the tag was accurate!  So to all of you who were just being polite yesterday, thank you.  I have removed the tag.  I am going to replace it at some time with one of my own.  It hopefully will say, BUT NOT AS LARGE AS IT HAS BEEN!  May your search for tags be complete.  May you smile just a little.  And always know that you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment