Thursday, June 26, 2014

I expected

Fanfare.  A brass band.  Ticker tape.  A proclamation from the president.  After all, it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.  What I got is an ordinary day.  A little thunderstorm, a bike ride, breakfast with our aunt, and the dog getting clipped.  The mundane.  And perhaps it is the most appropriate, for that is what this has been for a full year...a normal day in the life.  Precipitated by an AARP adventure.  Entered into as an experiment.  Continued as a challenge...an outlet.  It has been demanding, frustrating, thought provoking, and one of the most therapeutic events in my lifetime.  Those of you who have followed it have kept me going.  Realizing that a post has been opened in almost every continent (save the one we haven't yet visited) is both exhilarating and humbling.  It's been an experience I have never regretted!
Now what?  Well, with your permission, I may take a day off every now and then.  We'll see.  But I'll be here.  After all, someone has to inform you as to the extent you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment