Wednesday, January 29, 2014

every face...

a smile.  Every hand, a wave.  Despite the fact that parts of my anatomy will not regain feeling for hours, this mornings jog heightened my belief that I live in the best place in the world.  I can't do a darn thing about the weather (well, I can hooch, moan, swear, and carry on, but to the best of my abilities, I don't believe I can change it!).  I can put on more layers.  Or I can just suffer.  The thing is, I choose my level of discomfort.  I also choose to live in a community where the people are friendly, the drivers move over for an idiot out in the cold, and this morning, every person behind the wheel smiled, waved, and in general made me feel like I belonged.  Now, I'm not sure they weren't laughing at how slowly I was progressing or how spastic I looked, but I choose to believe they were genuinely being friendly.  Why this would surprise me is the question.  I have written before how generous this community is.  I have written before how neighborly this community is.  Okay, we're not perfect.  We choose to disagree on issues.  We choose to go to different churches.  We choose to associate with different people.  But we respect each other.  We look out for each other.  And we believe that paying it forward just makes sense.  Watertown, as always, I salute and thank you.  I am proud and privileged to live among you.  Know that you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. The community is fortunate to have you. You give and give and give as you receive.

    ReplyDelete