Thursday, January 30, 2014

Word cloud

Amazing.  The tv is on.  The story?  Road to the Super Bowl.  Okay.  Okay.  I'm busted.  Those who know me will immediately realize I'm sitting in Cath's room upstairs, because sports channels are rarely accessed on my tv.  Anyhow.  The story shows the newest fad in images...a word cloud.  You know of what I speak.  They take descriptors of a person or an event and then create an image where the size of the word listed indicates how often the word was given.  Kind of a fun little mapping event.  In this case, the word(s) were Seattle Seahawks.  I don't recall what words were largest, most probably because I didn't care!  The concept, however, piqued my interest.  If someone were to create a word cloud about you, how would it differ if the target audience were your co-workers, your friends, your family, your community?  Are there any overarching words that would loom large on all of them?  More importantly, what word would you want largest on each of these clouds?  Who/what are you to these people?  Would the.cloud represent an image of which you are proud?  No answers!  Just questions.  Sort of like lying on your back on a summer day, looking at the clouds and finding all sorts of shapes.  I guarantee there will be a heart shaped one with a message underneath it...you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment