Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fruit or vegetable?

As the season quickly approaches, the age old conundrum once again raises it's ugly visage.  I speak of course to the question of the amazing tomato.  Botanically, at least according to Google, it is technically a fruit.  I'll spare you the ovarian reasoning.  However, in it's use, it isms vegetable.  How is this possible?  BTCOOF,T.  (Beats the crap out of me, Tilda!)  what I do know is there is no other fruit/vegetable that is so uniquely good when picked from one's own garden.  Store bought just don't cut it.  The first bite of that first ripe tomato is pure bliss.  The season isn't long enough, and there is no such thing as a glut of fresh tomatoes!  Bring 'em on!  Sliced, whole, cooked...bring 'em on!  Our cherry tomatoes are producing.  They will suffice until the big honkers are ready.  Then watch out.  I wonder if there is such a thing as lycopine overdose?  Who cares.  I figure if I eat enough of them, I will get my daily requirement of fruit and vegetables.  Tricky, huh?  Enjoy the fruits of the season, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment