Friday, August 1, 2014

Phrenetic Phriday Phood

As I have aged, my taste buds have changed.  At forty, I would never have ordered pasta.  At fifty, I did.  At forty, I would not have eaten spicy food.  At fifty, I did.  At forty, I would not have eaten hamburger helper.  At fifty, I would not have eaten hamburger helper.  At sixty five, I will NOT eat hamburger helper!  But oh, how I love the spicy sweet pasta recipe for today!  Give it a try and know how much you are loved!

Curried Pineapple Chicken
2 chicken breasts, cubed 
1 Tbs. Olive oil
2 tsp. curry powder (divided)
1/2—1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup cream
1/2 cup butter
3-4 oz. parmesan cheese
1/2 cubed red pepper
1 medium onion, cubed
1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
Cooked  penne pasta
Directions:
 Heat olive oil, 1 tsp. curry and the cayenne pepper until hot.  Add chicken and stir fry until done.  Remove.  Add vegetables to pan and stir fry until crisp tender.  Return chicken to pot.  Remove from heat, but keep warm.  In microwave, combine cream, butter, and remaining curry.  Microwave until butter is melted and mixture is very hot.   Return chicken mixture to stove.  Add pineapple chucks.  Pour hot curried cream over chicken mixture and heat thoroughly.  Pour not chicken over hot cooked penne pasta and toss with parmesan cheese. 

1 comment: