Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Back to school!

I know I've told you about getting to play with college teacher wanna-be's and how much I enjoy it!  As I was preparing to do that again tomorrow, I found myself at a loss for a tactile representation for one of the points.  Let me set the stage for you.  Topic...making school work--by the numbers.  Rip off of David Letterman's top ten.  Number three is "teach them the RMB's."  Respect Must Be...Lost.  Responsibility Must Be...Accepted.  Reputation Must Be...Earned.
What could they touch to emphasize these three concepts?  It hit me!  A bulletin board!  So today, I designed a "bulletin board in a folder".  It has foam cutouts.  It has matching colored posters.  It even has a diagram as to how I would put it together!  Pretty spiffy, huh?  And I learned as I worked.
-->Sharp scissors should be a supply item for all teachers!  I'm sure they won't run with them.
-->You can't get exact duplicates by cutting three of the same letter at the same time.  They shift!
-->I am soooooo glad I don't have to do bulletin boards any more.
Hopefully, they will not see me as a dinosaur who should have died years ago!  What I want them to learn is this: no matter how common the core, an uncommon teacher can make it more interesting!  I will report back!  Know that you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment