Monday, December 29, 2014

Powdered sugar

Or if you prefer, confectioners' sugar.  To my knowledge, a topic on which I have not opined.  Oh, not because I don't think of it often.  No!  There are days it is on the top of my mind and the tip of my tongue.  If it weren't for this little bit of white gold, there would be no cream cheese frosting for the carrot cake.  There will be no drizzle of pure decadence on the scones.  There would be no lemon glaze for the lemon bars.  Life in the universe would change drastically without this commodity.  And yet, to have never written about it?  Absurd.  And those are just its useful features.  What about the absolute way it has to spill over everything simply when you open the bag?  What about the fact that it can seep into the tiniest of crevices, eschewing any and all cleaning techniques.  What about the fact that no matter how many layers of plastic I use to keep it fresh, it somehow still manages to clump, requiring sifting every time it is used?  Freud would probably refer to my attraction to this substance as a love/hate relationship.  Hmmm.  I wonder if Freud ever wrote about powdered sugar?  I have too much time on my hands.  And you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. An interesting topic and well discussed. Totally understood by any reader who has used the topic EVER!

    ReplyDelete