Tuesday, December 16, 2014

tonight's the night!

If you have ever heard me speak, you probably recognize today's title as the punch line to one of my favorite all time stories.  Tonight, however, it takes on a totally different meaning.  I have often been asked (frequently by me) why on earth anyone would choose to live in South Dakota in the winter.  Cold.  Snow.  Ice.  Cold.  And on any given day, I may have trouble explaining that choice.  Not tonight.  I just got back from a brisk 2 1/2 mile walk.  It is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS out there.  The stars shine so brightly.  The air is so clean.  The Christmas lights glisten and reflect on the diamonds in the snow.  My lungs are filled with sparkling air.  My eyes are filled with a landscape that literally defies description, my soul is filled with the peace that comes from such an experience, and my mind is filled with the answer.  Tonight's the night!  And you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment