Monday, December 22, 2014

The beets are peeled...

as are the potatoes!  The mushrooms are stuffed and pre-baked.  The chicken tenders rest comfortably in a bath of buttermilk.  The bread is rising in the proofing room (that would be the bathroom with the electric heat turned up to "oh my god, it's hot in here!").  And the pie.  The pie awaits consumption.  I'm not sure, but I think I may be happiest when I'm preparing food to share with others.  Or maybe, preparing and eating food shared with others. And that's quite a statement, since I choose to be happy most of the time!  There's that whole "food is love" thing at work.  Anyhoo...tonight, we entertain a former student and his wife.  One of our favorites, he has come home to roost, and continues to make a difference in the community and in our lives.  She is a delight, teaching this old dog new tricks.  Hopefully, a good time will be had by all.  And that, my friends, is what the pie is for!  Everyone needs a guarantee!  Enjoy the ones you love, and know that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment