Thursday, May 1, 2014

Clouds, moisture, wind, and

I don't recall when last I have been as impressed with the weather.  The winter?  It was cold.  And long.  The spring?  It has been cold.  And damp.  And windy!  When I looked out the window this morning, this is what I saw:

The orchid was a birthday gift two years ago.  Somehow, it has managed to survive and thrive.  It provides a constant reminder of the power of friendship!  No matter how blustery and cold it may be, the beauty and grace of this amazing plant brightens my soul!  So too do the well wishes and love of the quality friends I have been lucky enough to make.  Sometimes, when a day isn't quite what I want it to be, or things don't go just the way they are supposed to go, all it takes is a quick glance out the window to see what I really do have!  The eye is captured by the orchid, and the soul remembers the joy of the people by whom I am surrounded.  The day?  Well it's a lot brighter!  And I?  I am thankful!  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment