Saturday, February 21, 2015

The sure cure to the winter doldrums

For the most part, I think I'm a good sport about winter.  I enjoy the crisp air, at its onset.  I admit, I even like the first snow fall.  I love to decorate for Christmas.  I love to undecorate from Christmas.  We all know about my Bacchanalian birthday week.  Then, there's the lovers' day, and my bride's birthday.  Celebratory events that keep my mind from focusing on what's happening outside.  But now, it's the end of February, and my seasonal attitude disorder is kicking in.  -35 wind chill?  Really?  Weather that precludes a trip to Sam's club for essentials and time spent with friends.  And the realization that we're only half through the worst of it.  Depression.  Well, at least as close as I might get.  Then along comes this e-mail...from Taste of Home...and the thought of trying it has lightened my load.  It has all the favorites.  Nutter Butters for the crust.  A layer of Chocolate Fudge Ice cream topping.  Peanut butter, pudding, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk.  Whipping cream.  And chocolate curls.  Heck, the smile comes to my face just writing these ingredients down.  If it tastes half as good as it sounds, winter be darned!  I will, of course, keep you informed.  Until then, you are my sunshine, and you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment