Saturday, December 21, 2013

Today...

The sun rises at its most southern point, making this, for us, the shortest day of the year.  Funny, there was time for a run, time to do puzzles, time to play bridge, time to shop...twice, time to watch television, time to make fudge, time to enjoy the company of a beautiful woman, and time to reflect on the shortest day of the year.  It's frightening to think what will happen now the days start getting longer!  Who knows what can be accomplished?
Sometimes I fear we get so tied up in what we should get done and what we will do tomorrow, we forget to be humans being.  Our tasks monopolize the days and when we go to bed, tomorrow's tasks loom large.  We need a moment for reflection, a moment for rejuvenation and a moment for rejoicing.  The words of a song from "The Fantastics" swim in my head.  "I can't be contented with yesterday's glories, I can't live on promises winter to spring.  Today is my moment, right now is my glory.  I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing!"  May you find time today for the three R's!   May you take time from do.  May you make time for be.  And may you always know, 24/7 (or however long or short the day) that you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment