Wednesday, July 10, 2013

home again, home again

It was a loooooooooooong day!  It is my considered opinion--no--a proven fact that time passes much more slowly in a hospital waiting room than anywhere else.  Whether it is an anomaly of nature, a black hole in the logical spectrum, or an old man whose patience ain't what it used to was, 10 hours in a waiting room is an eternity!  Now understand, the result was good!  It was worth the wait. But it WAS a wait.  Then it was in the car and home by 7:30 for play practice.  Let's see...leave Minneapolis at 3:45 (can you say rush hour?)  (can you say I wouldn't live there for all the money in the world if I had to put up with traffic like that every day?) and still make it home by 7:40.  That's some driving, Parnelli Zubke.  And so very appreciated. Of course, there was the fact that we didn't stop to eat and we didn't stop to pee.  And we didn't stop to be sure the joints were still able to function.  The last is probably the worst.  My hips just don't like four hours in the car at a time!  Anyhow, we made it!  In time for play practice!  And then, we stopped at Taco Mel's for supper.  Let's see.  Tacos.  10:00 pm.  Old man.  Probably the reason I'm blogging at 11:00, huh?  (and probably the reason I'll be seeing 12:00 and 1:00.)  Oh well, the taco food was good after 14 hours of nothing!  And while I sound like Wendy Whiner, I must tell you that everything we did, we did by choice.  I would do NOTHING differently!  We left Minneapolis knowing my sis was in recovering and had done well.  We finished play practice with some good changes for tomorrow night.  And I lied.  I might reconsider the tacos!  Life is good, and you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment