Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Allow me to introduce myself....

My given name is Ima.  My surname is Idiot!  I have just spent the better part of an hour trying to add names to a group on my Outlook list.  I have been completely ineffective.  I have searched the internet for help.  I have prayed.  I have sworn.  I have quit trying!  You would think a computer teacher would be able to figure this stuff out, wouldn't you?  I am convinced that my brain has decided to go south whilst my body stays here!  The absolute frustration is amazing.  I'm sure when I get up, go do something else, and come back, I will be amazed at how simple it truly was.  Or...this may be my last blog on this computer as i put my fist through it!  :)  I suppose the up-side of this event would be curly hair caused by the electric current flowing through my body.  Wait...that would require hair.  Maybe I've just discovered a new hair club for men?  Hmmmm.  So, here's my question:  how's your day going?  May it be amazing, stunning, worthwhile, and above all else, Outlook free!  Know you are loved!

And now, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story.  Ane Idiot (that would be Ima's brother) would be able to solve my problem in outlook.  Only a special idiot could be this dense.  I finally gave up and called a toll free number courtesy google to solve my problem.  A gentleman by the name of Prashant Arora at logmein.com was very patient and attempted to fix my problem remotely.  During the process, he did get to a point on my screen where I thought the problem could be solved, but he skimmed over it, telling me that it wasn't important.  He then proceeded to tell me it was my computer's fault that Outlook didn't work.  And for the small price of $299.00 ($399.00 for a longer subscription!) he could fix this and any other problems I had.  Hmmmmm.  I thanked him for the offer and told him I would return his call if I decided to opt for the program.  I then opened Outlook, found where he had been (that skimming, unimportant part) and discovered that my problem was solved in two clicks.  Go figure!  For just a little frustration (and a sales pitch that I really didn't need), I am now an expert at adding names to an outlook group.  And for $199.95, I'll gladly explain the process.  Ask for the friends and family discount.  It's $199.95!  Be safe.  Be careful out there, and remember I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment