That would be 5:49, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, following my morning run! I truly believe that the quiet and the stars conspire to engender deep thought processes (or perhaps it is just the lack of oxygen due to the fact that I'm struggling to breathe?). Having established causation, here is today's result. How to live, in ten easy steps.
1) Learn to compromise. Contrary to popular opinion, you're not always right. Neither am I!
2) Play fair. See note above.
3) Respect everyone. I truly believe that respect is a quality that should not have to be earned. It should be given to everyone we meet. It can, however, be lost, and once lost, is hard to find again!
4. Do unto others....and NOT before they have a chance to do it to you!
5. Do for others. When you give from your heart, your heart will grow.
6. Choose your companions well. Find someone older, someone younger, someone of a different background, someone with different beliefs, in short, someone who will bring a different perspective to your life.
7. And while you're choosing, carefully choose a life partner. It makes all the difference in the world!
8. Moderation in all things! Even blogging!
9. Travel. It's that perspective thing again
10. Love freely and deeply, and tell those you love how very important they are to you! I just did!
Okay, so you've probably read all these on a poster somewhere, and I'm doing nothing original or clever. Blame it on the lack of oxygen. But you know, a little reminder every once in a while can be a good thing! Now take the list, print it off, write "To Do" on the top of it, and see how many you can check off every day! The spokesman for his time has spoken!