Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The calendar

It’s the 15th of the month.  That would be October.  I just looked at the calendar to see if there were any birthdays for which we could send late cards.  (Trust me, there is a pattern there!).  I saw four.  I thought they looked familiar, like we had already missed them and sent I’m sorry we missed cards.  There was a reason for that.  It was the September calendar.  It is now official.  When you are retired and too busy to even notice you haven’t switched the calendar for 15 days, the busy-ness is a little excessive. Thankfully, up to this point in time, there were only two birthdays passed.  Hold on to your socks!  We even sent one of those cards so she should have received it on or near her birthday.  Of course, one went out today for my sister’s birthday last week, but she has had heart trouble and I didn’t want her to go into coronary apoplexy when she received a card on time. (I have always considered myself the most thoughtful of brothers!)  It’s a thin line to walk.  Those of you who understand my AADD, know that I must stay busy or will go insaner!  Therefore, I am reticent to hooch about too much to do.  (Okay, by now you know me and know I am NEVER reticent to hooch about anything, but I thought I’d run it up the flagpole just for poops and giggles!)  As I have been told, there is lots of time to rest when you shuffle off this mortal coil.  (I really am trying to incorporate as many hackneyed clichés as I can in one posting!)  So I am today going to take time to enjoy the blustery day, sit down, cover up, and do some reading.  After Cath’s appointment with the chiropractor.  After I see a friend for lunch.  After Cath’s meeting.  After…you get the idea!  Well, as Bertha used to say, “I want to wear out, not rust out!”  Here’s to activity rather than erosion, and know you are loved!  Happy Ides of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment