Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Training the machine

Yesterday, a revelation.  Today-- discovery!  I have a microphone on my iPad mini that will type everything I say! I am so excited I could just spit!  The problem with voice recognition is sometimes you have to practice to make sure the computer understands what you say.  Because I've always been a teacher and probably always will be a teacher, allow me to give you some exercises that will facilitate your computer's ability to understand and appreciate you.  Number one:  toy boat toy boat toy boat toy boat toy boat.  Repeat 10 times in a row.  Number two: a big black bug bit a big black bear: a big black bug bit a big black bear.  Again, repeat. Number three: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.  A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.  If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?  Number four: red leather yellow leather red leather yellow leather red leather yellow leather.  Repeat.  And number five (this one you'll probably have to work on):  Betty Botter bought some butter but she said this butter's bitter. If I put it in my batter it will make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter--that would make my batter better. So she bought a bit of butter--better than her bitter butter and she put it in her batter and her batter was not bitter so 'twas better Betty Botter  bought a bit of better butter.  If you need one more--for instance in a group of like-minded adults--carefully practice the following:  I'm not a fig plucker nor a fig plucker's son but I'll pluck figs till the fig plucking's done. And oh how I wish you could see in some instances what the computer thought I had said (amazingly, it had no trouble at all with the last one!).  I can comprehend why people don't understand me at times!  Enjoy your practice, enjoy your wife (I said life, but I kinda like both!) and know that you are involved (my favorite--my computer obviously must be trained to LOVE!)

1 comment: