Saturday, November 30, 2013

I know that I shall never see...

Some would call it excessive.  Some may call it ostentatious.  Most just shake their heads.  I speak of the 35 lighted Christmas trees inside and out!  When it comes to Christmas, I have always believed that nothing succeeds like excess!  There's just something entrancing to me about the play of light on tree and wall and sky.  And so the palette changes from area to area.  Multi lights in the back...different shades, different hues.  Monochrome in the front, a study in red.  And inside?  Variety is the spice of life!  Blue in one room, red in another, and an amazing amalgam designed by the lady of the house on floor two!  It is a joint venture, and one enjoyed by both.  But each year takes a little longer.  Could it be an increase in decoration?  I think not.  Just an increase in age...yet another reason to celebrate the season!  So while we can, we'll light the trees and celebrate life!  And share with you our love!

1 comment: