Thursday, November 14, 2013

One two three....

Those of you who have watched my development will understand the fact that I am borderline obsessive/compulsive.  Ms. Lucy used to aver if I woke up in the morning intent on doing something, by the time I went to bed, it would be done, regardless what she did.  Apparently my agenda items were not always positive...or safe.  When I go up or down a staircase for the first time, I count the stairs.  When I run, I have to convince myself not to count my steps.  Now you have to understand, my compulsion is limited in scope.  For example, if you saw my kitchen or watched me cook, you would realize cleaning is not in the purview of my "disorder"!  Picking up my clothes?  Another anomaly.  And there's that whole consistency thing with the toilet seat....  Maybe I'm an O/C savant?  You may well wonder what precipitated this post?  It was the first 103 paces that started my morning jog.  And the fact that I consciously was able to quit.  Now if I could just get that toilet seat thing down!  Enjoy the 318th day of the year, and know you are loved!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a step and stair counter (...okay, okay... and telephone poles too) as well. Glad to be in good company! I once had a coworker tell me that meant I had psychological issues... I think it just means I'm cooler than everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 'thing' I did not know about you. O/C & DWTS!

    ReplyDelete