Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Into everyone's life, a little red-faced experience must come

Rarely am I embarrassed, especially by a mess in the basement.  After all, isn't that the purpose of basements in old houses...to accumulate the junk that you don't want people to see you have on the main floor?  To every rule, there is an exception, and for a multitude of "no big deals", there has to be an occasional red face.  The electrician came today to power up our front porch.  To do so, he needed to access wire through the basement.  When I saw him emerge the first time with his hard hat on, I sneaked a peak.  I believe the correct millennial phrase is OMG!  I had been remiss in putting away the largess form Sam's club.  It sat in the middle of the floor.  I had been looking for a particular tool. All the rest sat in the middle of the floor.  I had a mess at the computer table.  You couldn't find the top of the desk, and the corner he needed to use was the equivalent of Mt. Everest in terms of papers, computer crap and anything else I had decided I needed but just not right now.  I was sooooooo proud.  As he went back down, I offered him a rope to tie around his waist so he could find his way out, but he tactfully declined!  My only hope is, what is discovered in the basement stays in the basement.  Oh, who am I kidding.  I was embarrassed, but certainly not enough to say it won't happen again.  After all, it is the season, and more items from the main floor shall descend into the nether world called the basement!  Hey, I look good in red!  And you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment