Saturday, April 12, 2014

It's all in how you look at it

On our walk yesterday, I noticed these cactusesque plants growing down by the river.  They intrigued me, but as it was a typical outing for me, I didn't have my camera.  Today, whilst enjoying the repartee of our family get-together, I remembered that I was intrigued, so I hikes my body out to the river and take this picture.  Okay, quit that yawning.  It was upon closer observation that I saw it.  I grew up with it.  (Okay, okay, I got older with it.). I loved it as a child and I love it as an older child.  It struck me.  If I hadn't gone back to take a second look, I would never have seen it.  I just assumed a weed was a weed was a weed.  How wrong initial impressions can be.  Because there was something haunting about it, a return visit disclosed it's true identity.  Can you see it in the picture below?  Beep!  Beep!  You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment