Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Namaste

There are parts of my thighs that don't hurt...I think.  Quick translation, I started Yoga yesterday.  That which is supposed to free my inner being is obviously fighting its way to the outside through said thighs.  I don't want to suggest that I am not in the best shape, but there are truths that cannot be hidden.  The simple whimper and groan when I stand give them away.  Of course, the Yoga of which  I speak is chair Yoga, designed for those of us who would more likely qualify for stewing roosters than young chicks.  Never-the-less, we obviously stretched parts that had hitherto remained in pristine, unexercised positions.  I can do the breathing.  It's a good thing.  I can take the upper body stretches and the shoulder rolls.  Great muscle relaxation.  It's the position in which you are squatting with that part of you that longs to be on the chair is thrust haphazardly behind you that has taken its toll.  I don't remember what the position is called.  I prefer to think of it as a pain in the assets.  At the end of the class, the instructor turns out the lights and asks us to completely relax.  I did that.  I could have done that all hour.  But being the non-quitting individual I am, if I am able to get out of bed tomorrow, I shall return, if only to give grist to the bitch-and-moan mill!  The one thing I did learn is the title of this particular epistle...I bow to the divine in you!  And know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment