Monday, April 14, 2014

Why can't we all just get along?

I have a confession to make.  As a literate, concerned citizen, I frequently don't watch the news.  I just get upset.  Three people dead at a Jewish center.  Police actions in Crimea.  An entire plane missing, perhaps purposely.  I don't get it.  At what point in time will we realize that any extreme position is exactly that...extreme.  For 34 years, I tried to teach my children to help each other...to understand there are two sides to every issue, and respect had to be lost, not earned.  We are unique gifts, designed to share our talents with each other to make life a better place to be.  We do not exist to judge, to "correct" or to act the hand of any god's retribution.  I understand I am old. I understand I am amazingly naive, but I believe that good is learned, and practice makes the world a safer place to be.  Yup...my answer in the Miss America interview would unabashedly be "world peace".  And it starts with me...and you.  Know you are loved...and pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment