Friday, April 25, 2014

Phriday Phood Philosophy --- Hopeless romantic...realistic old fart

I love this time of my life.  It's when the two polar opposites come into play.  By nature, I see the good in everything.  I look to the future with anticipation.  I enjoy every task that befalls me.  Also by nature, the years have taught me a few lessons that I really didn't need to know.  But I learned.  Here's how my life plays out.
Hopeless romantic...first snowfall.  How gorgeous.  How fun.  Time to play with the skis and the snowshoes.
ROF...last snowfall.  Thank you Jesus!  If I have to shovel one more time I am going to drink heavily and continue to flip off the weatherman.
Hopeless romantic...first striping of the lawn in the spring (some foolishly call it fertilizing!).  Great.  Finally I get to play in the dirt.
ROF...56th time I've mowed the yard.  Will it never snow?
Hopeless romantic...Forsythia is blooming.  How gorgeous.  What a burst of yellow in the yard.
ROF...pollen?  Is that pollen in the air?  Achoo
Hopeless romantic...Rainbow ice cream cake with three kinds of sherbet, pecans, toasted coconut, and marshmallows.  Yes!
ROF...three days of preparation to serve ice cream for desert?  I don't think that will happen again.  Instead, lets have stuffed brownies!

1 family size brownie mix
1 pkg. dark chocolate chips
1 small pkg. coconut
eggs, oil, and water as described in brownie mix directions.

Prepare the brownie mix as per label instructions.  Spray bottom of a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.  Spread half the prepared brownies on bottom.  Sprinkle with chips.  Sprinkle with coconut.  Cover with remaining brownie.  Bake as per minimum time on brownie mix directions.  Drool and Enjoy!

Finally, agreement between the hopeless romantic and ROF!  These rock, and you are loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment